Black Student Union Scholarship
The Black Student Union is a MCC Student Club that represents African-American students who work together to create a positive atmosphere and opportunities for educational and social advancement. The BSU scholarship fund is an annual scholarship that provides a scholarship to a student actively involved in the club.
Criteria includes: 2.0 GPA;
- Resident of McHenry County;
- Active participant in BSU and outreach events;
- Supplemental essay on celebrated African American who influenced you most during your lifetime.
- Award may be applied to: Tuition, books, fees
- Supplemental Questions
- The Black Student Union Scholarship requires an additional essay. Please describe a celebrated African American who has influenced you most during your lifetime. Explain how their story and/or actions have helped you overcome diversity and obstacles as a young African American