Barbara Hardt Memorial ECE Scholarship
The first Early Childhood Education Conference took place in February 1987. A scholarship fund for currently enrolled MCC/ECE students began in 1996. Over the years many individuals, organizations and child care centers/preschools have contributed. In the Spring of 2004 the ECE Scholarship was renamed the Barbara E. Hardt Memorial ECE Scholarship, to honor the memory of Barbara Hardt. Barbara was a part-time employee in the ECE Department at MCC from the Fall of 1992 until the Fall of 2003 when she was named the first full-time Director of Educational Programs. Barbara was a staunch advocate for young children and their teachers.
Criteria includes: Enrollment in ECE courses; completed at least 6 credit hours in ECE program; 2.75 GPA; letter of recommendation from employer AND instructor; 3 supplemental essays required.
- Award may be applied to: Tuition Only
- Supplemental Questions
- The Barbara E. Hardt Memorial Early Childhood Education Scholarship Requires 3 additional essays:
- Describe a developmentally appropriate activity for preschool (ages 3-5) or elementary (K-6) in one of the following areas: literacy, science or math. Include a list of resources used to develop this activity.
- Early Childhood Education Essay: Describe your interests and talents, achievements and challenges, and school or community participated related to ECE. Discuss strenghts, difficulties, challenges and growth in this area.
- Introduction Essay: 1 or 2 paragraphs introducing yourself and explaining why you are applying for the Barbara E. Hardt Scholarship