Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) Scholarship
This Scholarship is a needs-based scholarship open to all students interested in a STEM career. The scholarships are made possible by grant award #1742147 from the National Science Foundation (NSF). Criteria:
- Applicant must be a USA citizen.
- Applicant may submit SAT or ACT score (changed to Preference due to Covid issues)
- Applicant must submit their high school transcript if has not completed a semester at MCC.
- Demonstrate financial need with FAFSA and a financial statement.
- Enroll in at least 12 credit hours per semester (fall and spring).
- Reside with the boundaries of MCC.
- Applicant must obtain one letter of recommendation.
- Applicant must provide a 450–600 word essay describing your interest in STEM studies, your commitment to achieving a degree in this area, your plans for continuing your education after MCC, and your long-term professional goals. Applicant must plan to declare a major in one of the following disciplines: automotive technology, biology, chemistry, computer science, earth sciences, engineering, engineering technology, horticulture, mathematics, mobile design and development, network security, physics, or robotics.
Additionally, applicant must enroll in special sections of MCC 101, English 151, and Philosophy 151; these are designated for MCC STEM Scholars. Applicant will need to complete all required activities, including meeting with mentors and advisors, attending STEM-related events such as talks or field trips, and completing surveys for program assessment.