Max M. Liptrot Memorial Scholarship
- Applicant must be enrolled as a part-time (at least 6 credit hours) student at McHenry County College.
- Applicant must provide documentation of a 2.75 GPA.
- Applicant must be a resident of McHenry County.
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Applicant must provide an essay (300 words minimum) demonstrating their passion for writing and their educational goals.
- Applicants must be pursuing a degree in English or Journalism.
- Preference will be given to applicants receiving no other financial aid.
- Preference will be given to a second year student who is involved in the MCC student newspaper. Other consideration will be given to an incoming freshman whose intention is to join and participate in the MCC student newspaper.
This scholarship is in memory of Max Liptrot, who passed away unexpectedly from heart complications in 2012. Max studied Journalism at MCC and served as a writer and editor with the MCC Newspaper, the Tartan. Max graduated from Woodstock North High School in 2011, where he was a staff reporter for the Northern Lights newspaper and was elected by his fellow students to give “The Thunder Way” commencement speech at graduation.
- Award may be applied to: Tuition and fees
- Supplemental Questions
- The Max M. Liptrot Memorial Scholarship requires an additional essay: Demonstrate your passion for writing (300 word minimum).