Joe's Wish - Operation Re-Boot Books Scholarship
- Applicant must be a veteran of the US Military, former or active member of the Reserves, Coast Guard or National Guard. Applicant must provide proof of US military service (DD214).
- Applicant must be a resident of McHenry County.
- Student must be enrolled in minimum of (6) credit hours for the awarded semester.
- Applicant must submit a 150-200 word essay outlining educational goals.
- Applicant is not required to have GPA average for initial scholarship. However a 2.5 GPA must be maintained to be considered for future scholarships awards. Please be advised that a higher GPA may need to be maintained to meet other VA programs.
- Applicant agrees by accepting this scholarship to participate in at least one future Joe’s Wish event. IE: Parade, Patriots in the Park, etc.
This scholarship was established to help veterans in need. The Joe’s Wish Foundation is dedicated to helping all branches of the armed forces and their families in need by generating funds to help remove stumbling blocks that would prevent veterans from moving forward by offering a hand, not a hand-out.
- Award may be applied to: Books purchased at MCC Bookstore