Eric Stricker Culinary Scholarship: Chef's Assistant Certificate
- Applicant must be enrolled at McHenry County College in the Culinary Management Program pursuing a Chef"™s Assistant Certificate.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a minimum of seven (7) credit hours and must be enrolled in CLM 100 Introduction to Hospitality and CLM 101 Culinary Skills 1 or CLM 102 Culinary Skills II.
- Applicant must interview with Culinary Department.
- Applicant must submit an (200-300 word) essay describing their educational goals, past experience in and passion for cooking.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need as determined through the FAFSA form.
- Applicant must provide a recommendation from an instructor.
- Applicant must demonstrate a GPA of 2.5 or better.
Eric Stricker was a fun-loving man who had a passion for the culinary arts. Eric was a baker by trade but also possessed a love for cooking. Eric often shared his passion for cooking with his family, friends and community. Eric always used the dynamics of meal preparation and service, to love and entertain people. Eric often helped with community events. He would graciously use his resources and talents to help the local community organizations provide food for their fund raising events. He had a giving heart and loved people. Whenever he was cooking he had a draw for people. Many people would gravitate to the grill or the kitchen or wherever he was preparing food. Eric taught us that cooking is more than just a menial task. It is an opportunity to get to know people, have good conversation and can be used to encourage others. It is a great honor to be able to pass his love for cooking on to others who have chosen culinary arts as a career. Thank you for your participation in the celebration of Eric Stricker’s amazing life!!
- Award may be applied to: Tuition, books, fees
- Supplemental Questions
- Culinary Scholarships Supplemental Questions: Check the courses you will be enrolled for the upcoming semester:
- Culinary Scholarships Supplemental Essay: Describe your education goals, past experience in and passion for cooking.