Rusty Wadsworth Humanities Scholarship
- Applicant must provide a letter of recommendation from an instructor or supervisor.
- Applicant must provide proof of financial need by applying for FAFSA.
- Applicant must write an essay (200 "“ 300 words) explaining their educational goals.
- Preference will be given to a female student.
- Preference will be given to a student who is currently involved in tutoring or mentoring students.
Dr. Emily (Rusty) Wadsworth was diagnosed with Ewing’s sarcoma, a bone cancer that required amputation of her right leg at age 9. That didn’t slow her down. She pursued a career in teaching and educational administration, ending her career as Executive Dean of Arts and Sciences here at MCC. While working and raising her children, Rusty earned her PhD in Education at Northwestern University. She was a dedicated feminist who advocated in favor of higher education and career opportunities for women.
- Award may be applied to: Tuition, books, fees